Borussia Dortmund felt "completely ignored" over the rescheduling of their Champions League game against Monaco, says manager Thomas Tuchel.
Sokratis Papastathopoulos suggested he felt Dortmund players had been treated like "animals", while Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim admitted it was hard for the players to concentrate as his side secured a 3-2 victory.
In response to the outpouring of criticism of UEFA's handling of the matter, the governing body affirmed both clubs were involved in the decision-making process and did not imply they would be unwilling to participate. We made a good second half.
"When I was on the bus (on Tuesday) night, I can't forget the faces". But it was really hard for us. I know we earn a lot of money, have a privileged life, but we are human beings and there is so much more than football in this world and last night we felt it.
Speaking after the game at the Westfalenstadion, Tuchel has said that they felt the new date was "imposed" on them, and that Dortmund would not forget this.
"And of course we're also playing for Marc Bartra, who wants to see his team win!"
"About all of that I want to tell you that I think the shock of those days is easing all the time and the desire to live, struggle, work. play (and) train.is getting stronger".
"I don't know if people can understand this but until I was on the pitch in the second half I didn't think about football to be honest". I tried to come to terms with it with my family, tried to wind down and switch off. The second leg is being played next Wednesday in Monaco.
"We were not attacked on the field by an opponent; we were attacked from inside the bus as men", Tuchel said in a post-match broadcast interview with former Norway worldwide Jan Aage Fjortoft.
The suspect will appear before a judge who will decide whether to approve the arrest warrant issued by prosecutors, which would allow the man to be held for longer than 24 hours. However, "so far the investigation has turned up no evidence that the suspect participated in the attack", they said in a statement.
The German Federal Prosecutor's Office said three similar letters claiming responsibility found near the site of the attack before the original postponed fixture on Tuesday night made an Islamic extremist motive possible.