The death toll in Syria's auto bomb attack has risen further to over one hundred as opposed to the 75 earlier reporter on Sunday.
During a televised interview, Rami Abdul Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said a suicide bomber claimed he was carrying food items and blew himself up in a fuel station.
The refugees were been evacuated when a huge auto bomb blasted the convoy of coaches carrying them as they waited in a rebel territory near Aleppo.
Syrian state media put the death toll at 39, including civilians and rebel fighters.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres condemned the bombing and called on all parties "to ensure the safety and security of those waiting to be evacuated".
Thousands were leaving Madaya and Zabadani, including more than 2,000 rebel fighters, their families and other civilians, the monitoring group said.
The U.S. Embassy in Syria tweeted, "The United States strongly condemns today's barbaric attacks against innocent civilians, including women & children, in northern #Syria". 15, 2017. Syrian TV said at least 39 people were killed Saturday in an explosion that hit near buses carrying evacuees from two towns besieged by rebels nearby.
The agreement is the latest in a string of evacuation deals which the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said are the best way to end the violence after more than six years of civil war.
Madaya and Zabadani have been under the control of anti-government fighters but facing siege from forces loyal to the regime.
A previous attempt at mutual evacuations failed in December when rebels burnt coaches due to be sent to the towns.
The post Dozens of children dead in Syria evacuees bombing appeared first on Vanguard News.
The evacuation has moved the country closer to a division of its national population along loyalty and sect lines.
The explosion came as frustration was already mounting over the stalling evacuation process.
Opposition activists said plans to evacuate more than 3,000 Syrians as part of the deal had now been postponed.
The Observatory said the delay was caused by the fact that rebels from Zabadani, another town near Damascus included in the deal, had not yet been granted safe passage out. "All these thousands of people are stuck in less than (500 yards)". Johnson said al-Assad's ally Moscow still had time to be on the "right side of the argument", in a Sunday Telegraph newspaper article. "Many people felt that they had been forced to leave", he said. After the blast, evacuees from opposition areas pleaded for protection fearing revenge attacks.
An opposition representative, Ali Diab, told the pan-Arab Al-Arabiya TV that fewer armed men than agreed to were evacuated from the pro-government areas, violating the terms of the deal.