Four killed in blast at military kitchen in Yemen

Suicide bomb hits UAE-backed force in Yemen’s Aden

Suicide bomb hits UAE-backed force in Yemen’s Aden

A suicide bombing claimed by the Islamic State group hit UAE-trained Yemeni troops in the government bastion of Aden on Tuesday, killing six people - including a child - and wounding dozens.

One of the dead was a young boy walking in the street at the time of the blast, they said. The witnesses said the blast was caused by a vehicle laden with explosives, apparently driven by a suicide bomber towards the kitchen in al-Derain area in northern Aden.

Another police official said that a suicide bomber driving an explosive-laden auto blew it up next to a building used to store food and meals for the Yemeni forces in Aden.

Islamic State last month claimed responsibility for an attack targeting the headquarters of a counter-terrorism unit in Aden that killed at least 14 people, including the attackers.

At least three people were killed in a suicide auto bombing in Yemen's coastal city of Aden on Tuesday, according to a medical source.

Aden is controlled by the Yemeni government and its allies in a Saudi-led coalition, who are battling Shiite Huthi rebels who control the capital Sanaa and much of the north.

The coalition, armed and backed by the West, joined the Yemen conflict in March 2015 after the Houthi group pushed towards Aden, forcing the internationally-recognised President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile in Saudi Arabia.

Notícias recomendadas

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.