President Trump briefed on YouTube shooting

Hide Caption Show Caption

Hide Caption Show Caption

Earlier on Tuesday, San Bruno police said a woman opened fire at YouTube's headquarters, wounding three and sending panicked employees fleeing before taking her own life.

"They claim police told them they would be keeping an eye on her". There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system.

In some cases involving videos with sensitive content, YouTube has allowed the videos to stay online but cut off the ability for their publishers to share in advertising revenue.

It is understood that at least three people are wounded by gunshot and that the female suspect died from a self-inflicted wound.

Investigators said they believe the shooting is connected to a domestic dispute between the suspected shooter and her boyfriend, who works at YouTube.

The very headquarters of video streaming website YouTube in San Bruno, California, came under attack from a lone woman carrying a gun yesterday (3 April). A fourth person injured their ankle while escaping the gunfire on campus.

A spokesperson for San Francisco General Hospital said that a 36-year-old man is in a "critical" condition, a 32-year-old man is "serious" and a 27-year-old woman is "fair".

Her YouTube videos have been removed, as have her Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Google, which owns YouTube, has released a statement saying that the company is working with the authorities to "ensure the safety of employees".

"I'm grateful to everyone inside and outside the company for the outpourings of support and best wishes". When asked for comment, a spokesperson for Google, YouTube's parent company, directed Quartz to its Twitter page, which contained messages from Google CEO Sundar Pichai and YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki.

There are no words to describe the tragedy that occurred today.

"I can tell you there's no immediate threat to the community". "Our deepest gratitude to law enforcement & first responders for their rapid response".

"Our hearts go out to all those injured and impacted today". He said his daughter was at YouTube on Tuesday but said he did not know how she was involved in the incident.

Witnesses on the scene have told media that the alleged shooter may have been the girlfriend of a YouTube employee.

The shooting took place around midday local time, when many at YouTube were having lunch.

Others in the tech industry are offering their thoughts including Apple CEO Tim Cook who tweeted, "From everyone at Apple, we send our sympathy to the team at YouTube and Google, especially the victims and their families".

He also said he saw blood drips on the floor and stairs on his way out of the building, and that "someone else said that the person shot out the back doors and then shot themselves".

She was in the courtyard and screaming, "Come at me, or come get me", Vorhies said.

Footage showed people leaving the building in a line, holding their arms in the air for police to inspect as they were leaving the building.

After shooting three people at the San Bruno facility, she killed herself with a handgun, authorities said.

Employee Vadim Lavrusik posted on Twitter that he heard gunshots and saw people running. "Now barricaded inside a room with coworkers", he wrote.

Notícias recomendadas

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.