‘Inspirational’ scripted film about Thai cave rescue planned by faith-based studio

British diver Robert Charles Harper

British diver Robert Charles Harper

Four boys and their 25-year-old football coach "will be extracted on Tuesday".

All 12 boys and their football coach have been rescued from a Thai cave after an 18-day ordeal, the Thai Navy Seals said in a Facebook post.

The former Governor of the Chiang Rai, where the operations are taking place, Narongsak Osatanakorn, said: "We expect that if there is no unusual condition. the 4 boys, 1 coach, the doctor, and 3 SEALs who have been with the boys since first day will come out today".

Dr. Jedsada Chokedamrongsook, the permanent secretary of the Thai Health Ministry, said the first group of boys taken out on Sunday were aged 14 to 16.

He was taken by helicopter and then ambulance to the hospital in Chiang Rai were the first four boys, who were rescued on Sunday, are now being held in quarantine as they undergo tests. Rescuers located them on July 2, and then plans were devised to get them out.

Tuesday's rescue mission will be a race against time and bad weather.

But he denied they were knocked out for the miraculous rescue.

The first four boys are healthy and can eat regular food, Thongchai said at Monday's press briefing, adding that those in the second group suffering from lung inflammation were getting better.

Anaesthetist Richard Harris, who did the final medical checks of the 12 trapped boys and their coach, was among the divers who successfully ended on Tuesday a mission that had gripped the attention of the world. The diver who spoke to AFP said the boys were "groggy" but "breathing" when he helped to pull them out, while the BBC reported that according to divers, the boys were "heavily sedated to avoid anxiety".

HE said the eight boys rescued are in "high spirits" and have strong immune systems because they are soccer players. A person with knowledge of the rescue said just before the eleventh person was spotted, that 10 people had been brought out.

Eight of the boys have already been rescued, while four remain. Lit by several beams of white light, the divers in wet suits and helmets are seen submerging themselves in the water and grabbing on to a metal dive line used to guide them through the winding channels of the six-mile cave.

Technology billionaire Elon Musk went into the cave on Monday and left the rescue team with a "kid-sized" submarine his company SpaceX had built, Thailand's interior Minister Anupong Paochinda said.

The global bid to extract the team garnered attention from around the world after the team found themselves trapped on June 23 when they entered the cave after practice and were blocked by floodwaters.

Notícias recomendadas

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.