First vaping-related death reported in NY

First vaping-related death reported in New York

First vaping-related death reported in New York

Nationwide, there have been 19 deaths reported and more than 1,000 being afflicted with severe vaping-related lung illnesses.

The boy was taken to Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx where he was pronounced dead.

According to the state health department, the boy was previously hospitalized in early September with a vaping-associated respiratory illness. He was re-admitted later that month and then died October 4th. Last month the state's Department of Health reported traces of vitamin E acetate, a thickening agent that is unsafe for consumption, in many THC cartridges from patients who have fallen ill in the state recently.

Administrators of the Three Village Central School District on Long Island said in a court filing it's been forced to pay for "significant resources combating this public nuisance of defendant's creation" and will continue to do so.

A young boy from the Bronx is considered to be the first person to die in the state because of vaping, according to the Daily News.

"We had our first death and the State Department of Health is investigating the details of it. Parents have to know, young people have to know: you are playing with your life when you play with this stuff". The federal government should act.

Notícias recomendadas

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.